PowerFlex drive tags in Studio5K

maxfli11

Do the Powerflex drives have similar I/O tags like the E300 control modules? I have a couple drives that was setup by integrators, but the tag list is pretty slim as far as diagnostics are concerned. I'm wanting to get some current and power usage, historical data from the drives, into the PLC, so I can record them in IBA over time. Any ideas on how this can be accomplished? Right now all I can do is log the data with drive executive to a CSV file and review it there.
Thank you

First of all, what model drives?

Secondly, you will probably have to change the drive Module Definition (General tab of the drive object). With the 700; and up, you configure Parameters via Datalinks, and can have up to I think 16 pieces of data in from (and out to) the drive. You will need to configure the datalinks both in the PLC AND on the drive.

sorry about that rdrast. They are 755 drives. Revision, 13.3
There is a Status word and a control word tags array configured for Ethernet control and speed control. I see the connection IS via Datalinks, Data format is parameters.
So your saying somewhere I can define which parameters are configured and which are not?

Yep, I think I see how to do it now. I'll have to wait on some down time to make the change though. Thanks for your help in steering me in the right direction.