Help with Unity Pro XL Data Files (.DTX)

BAJ

Greetings,

I'm hoping someone here has a trick for viewing/reporting tag values from the .DTX files saved from the PLC using Unity Pro XL? We have a bunch of backup files and would like to compare the values of some of the tags from the backups, but can't seem to find a way to even open the files in a viewable format (they aren't text files). The only thing we can seem to do with them is Restore (download) them to the PLC, which is an extremely painful way to do this, not to mention needing machine down-time. We also lose some of the tag data if the program in the PLC is different (or different enough) from the program that the DTX file was saved from.

Any tips or hints would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
-Brad

Thanks for reply and good to know. Unfortunately that will still leave us with a painfully slow and clumsy process to compare data, but at least it won't require machine downtime.