slc 5/04 to automationdirect

haplo88

To start I have read two days worth of past messages, but I haven't found quite the right answer yet, hopefully someone can help me. The project i'm working on is I have a slc 5/04 on a dh+ network with two other plc 5/20 processors, but I have installed new panelviews (c-more) from automation direct. The new panelviews are ethernet, so what I have done (because I have to keep the dh+ network) is build a dedicated ethernet network by using a switch to put the four panelviews on, connected to a net-eni card to feed the information into the slc 5/04. I have one panelview talking directly to the net-eni ip address and the other panelviews talking the the main panelview. It works great with only 3 panelviews on then when I put the 4th on because the net-eni is a serial cable to the slc 5/04 it has to be bogging the comm rate down to where the inputs take forever to acuate or not at all. So now I have installed a partial contrologix rack with a dh+ card and a ethernet card because I read you can brige with this setup. How do I create the path to get the information into the slc, I was told to use the (msg) instruction but, or in the rslogix5000 software do I have to create some kind of link between the two cards and If I do that how do I give the slc an IP address to send the informatio to? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I don't think tha the CMORE will communicate thru the bridge. If it will, I haven't figured it out yet.

From what I can tell the CMORE is looking for a direct connection either across the ethernet network, or thru the serial port.

If some one does come up with a way, I would like to know too.

C-more doesn't have the routing path capability that you would need to go across the Ethernet card to the DH+ card in the ControlLogix rack.
What I would probably do if I were in your shoes is purchase a lower end ControlLogix CPU and have the 4 C-mores talk to directly to the CPU and then create a memory map in the CPU between the C-more and the SLC 5/04 on the DH+ network.
This would give you greater control of priorities and such of the data you need from the SLC anyway.
That seems to be the cleanest solution in my opinion anyway.

Thanks for the input, I was afraid it wasn't going to work in this configuration. I love the simplicity of the dh+ but it's just becoming so obsolete to find components for it (less expensive then AB). Thanks again....