Anyone ever done peltier-cooling for cabinets ?

The heat generated inside the cabinet is minimal.
It is the ambient temperature that is very high, 50C° or even above !

And I dont want 20-30 little boxes with fans inside.
I did the fan for a large panel for some years ago, where the generated heat was significant, and the panel was narrow and tall with the PLC in the top. In this case it did help to circulate the air.

Regarding condensation, if the box is airtight (IP68) will it be an issue ?
No.
I suggest a desiccant if there's any concern. The bag type for shipping is probably all you need for your application.
Some points on keeping water out in this article. In it, they mention enclosure vents made by Gore-Tex. Never seen them before. Looks like a good idea. Link to a model for small enclosures.

I would still look at thermoelectric that I am sure will work they have some very small units.
Better then a DYI system they have done the engineering for you

Cant you find modules with high enough rating? Et200s has 60C max for example , if you have around 50 wouldnt that be enough?

Oh and btw rittal has those ventilation plugs

Don't underestimate how inefficient they can be. I once had a small-ish peltier cooler and a 24v power supply to drive it, and the losses from the power supply were able to overcome the cooling capacity of the unit. Finally replaced it with a fan - still have the peltier unit on the shelf.

I have used them successfully in other applications. If you're making your own unit, the critical thing is to get heat removed from the hot side as quickly and efficiently as possible. If heat from the hot side makes it to the cold side, well, it won't be cold.

We have thought about peltier elements as a way to get heat away from a small weighing indicator box. The indicator is a closed stainless steel box with some electronics inside. In a sense it is a PLC dedicated to weighing/dosing functions, limited other I/O options and limited programming options. The weighing accuracy would suffer from temperatures outside a certain range. In some countries the daily conditions can easily be too hot for these devices even when there is only limited heat developed by the processor and power supply in the box. Peltier stuck to the outside of the stainless steel box might help just enough to keep the inside cool enough. We have not actually tried it yet.

@rQx. ET200SP SIPLUS modules go to 70°C which should be enough for our application.
But they are roughly twice as expensive as the normal ones, which is a problem. Worse is that it is only a limited no of the IO modules types that are available, and we need some of the special ones. So it is a no-go.

What are the surrounding temperature more exactly? Does it go to 60 or just above 50? If it's closer to 50 shouldn't et200s with 60C be ok?

One idea is to use a CPU fan and direct the flow past the module and maybe add filter outlets on the box to take in cooler air if necessary.

Maybe use bigger box so it doesn't get so warm?