Rslogix5000 and R30iB

GENIUSDANE

Lifetime Supporting Member
Anyone know any hints for external start / stop, go to home on failure and resume after robot in home position ..from RSLogix5000? (compact 5370)

or how about methods or some exemple ?

All my i/o is configured and works (rack 89 and ui/uo are map).

🤞🏻🤞🏻
Tanks

plc_map_in.jpg plc_map_out.jpg Robot_ui.PNG robot_UO.PNG

There is no "Home on Failure"; the robot drops out of running its program on a fault. I've yet to see any robot that will do that.

Now, if you're looking for some kind of recovery for an EOAT failure ( gripper fault, etc) you'll have to create that yourself.

You'll have to program it. Home is just a position that you set up and doesn't mean anything special to the robot's firmware. Home and several other reference positions are available so that when the robot is at these programmed positions, there is an output that is set.

Some programmers use the PNS or RSR method of executing user programs or you program a "Main" program that continuously runs looking for a signal from the host PLC to do something (Again, something you program).

I recommend you seek out some formal programming or mentoring with someone that has had Fanuc programming experience. There is a lot to learn and though documented, its not intuitive ( DCS for example ).

I know i have also the DCS option...

I wonder if there is anyone who has a sample program in rslogix5000
For at least start / stop pause resume ...?

Tanks again