Job interview coming up. Looking for Siemens resources.

TL140

Lifetime Supporting Member
The company I am going to interview for is using mostly AB, but they want to convert over to Siemens. I haven't played with Siemens in about 2 years. I have been stuck in Logix5k for the past 3. Does anyone have any resources on TIA Portal (v12 was the last version I used)? I'm looking for a quick crash course for a refresher, not lengthy technical documentation for every byte and where its address is in memory :p

Also, they mentioned Entivity. I havent heard of this before. What exactly is it?

Automation tasks in less than 10 minutes siemens.com/automation-tasks
gives you a quick glance at a lot of features it is a series of short clips for various functions.

Google Tia portal on youtube will also give you a lot and the Sitrain website have some e training that you can do.

The different Siemens websites worldwide also have a lot of webinars. Here someone has gather info from the US website

Portal hasn't changed a ton since v12. Plenty of new features, but not much that would show up in an overview.

The Automation tasks already mentioned are solid, and there are a fair number of other videos on youtube.

Siemens also has a sample curriculum available for colleges that want to teach students about PLCs. Some of it is pretty basic, but some might be helpful.

http://w3.siemens.com/mcms/sce/en/advanced_training/training_material/tia-portal/Pages/default.aspx

If you a sort of "best practices guide", I've gotten some good tips from the "Programming Guidelines" manual, although it does assume you're using the newer 1200/1500's, not the older 300/400 series.

https://support.industry.siemens.com/cs/us/en/view/81318674