Omron CPM2A Password Remove

Chris Rhodan

Hi !
My problem is that I have here an Omron CPM2A-20CDR D PLC which has been protected with a password. The sad story story is that the programmer was killed in a car crah a few month ago. The project has now to be finished but we can't get further without the pass for the PLC. We use Syswin 3.4. Anybody out there who can help ???

[email protected]

Thanks to all for helping. :confused:

Chris

I think you have big problem.

Did you use SYS(49)?for password.
or you use program password?
when you say programmer you mean hand programmer or PC ?

Hi ! I am pretty new to all that PLC stuff sorry for that. :(
So please forgive me when my answers or questions are
a little bit to easy or even strange. We always used a Laptop PC for programming. The programming guy was converting my ideas of running our machine, so that I wasn't worrying about any PLC stuff. I don't have access to the programming laptop anymore. (I have just my own LapTop with Syswin 3.4 but I can't access the PLC, to get the data)
So I don't know what he used for the password.
I think this a really stupid thing. Isn't there a Master Omron Password ? I can't be the only one with that problem ...

Thank you so much for helping ...

Far as I know there is no master password.
the only way is to try all the option the password made by 4 Hex digit
if it help the only think you can do is take out the battery and the program will erase.

try to find another programs/projects this guy made may be he used at same password.

I am in holiday vacation until tuesday I will check in my office if I have another solution.

Good Luck

Inform me what happen.

Thanks so far for your help !
I will email them if they have also
a version for the CPM series.

But I still welcome all suggestions ..

Thanks Chris