PLC Parking Garage Program

That looks better. The C0 on the reset of the UDC is a little unnecessary, but I don't think(keyword, think) it will be problematic. Not to be insulting, but yes, I do think that you have misinterpreted the diagram. What is wired to the C0 Input terminal on the PLC? You should have the negative from the Power supply going to that. From your description I am not sure that you have completed this step. I basically just need to know exactly where you have what wired to what. As Lancie said, this is where wiring diagrams would have been chief.

http://i.imgur.com/FAltGFO.png
please dont judge the quality, but this is how you should have the inputs wired. i am unfortunately going to have to go to bed, but I dont have much slated for tomorrow at work, so I should be able to help you then as well. Also we will have more than just a couple of californian college kids on forums as well, so that would be nice.(y)

Last edited:
Does each switch have to connect exactly like that or can you wire the positive ones together? and then run a wire from them to the positive if you can then that picture is how I hooked it up. if they have to be separate then I messed up.

I am sorry that I am not very good at explaining rite now. I wired all of the positive side of the switch wires together with
a wire nut and then run a wire from them to the common connection on the PLC.

So that is not right. The only thing that should be going to your common is your negative from the power supply. The wire nut method you used is fine (altough five wires in a wire nut is a little much), but instead of that fifth wire going to the common, put that wire to the positve side of the power supply, and if we are on the same page, it should be fine.
now i am seriously going to bed, we are very close and i will be happy to help tomorrow morning if you still require it.

I have a quick question for you, how do you get rid of the residual power in the power supply and plc once I unplug it? I am pretty sure there is a way but we never got around to seeing how to discharge it.

Last edited:
I have hooked the wire from the wire nut to the positive and run a wire from the negative to the common on the PLC. should I try it out now or is there more I need to do?

Holy **** we are close to getting it right!!! I powered it up and the green switch turned on the green light. And the input lights on the PLC light up when I press the switches but the counter does not work right. I did not get the yellow light to light up. or the red light either.

Hello SandwichMagic,

It works all but the UDC counter does not function properly and I am not sure how to fix that. Everything else works fine but it will not turn the yellow flashing light on or the solid red light on when I push the switches to count up or down. It is just a matter of figuring out the UDC counter. Thank You for all of the help with the wiring and programing. I really appreciate the help, you are a better electrician than me.

Sincerely,

Craig Yarges

So that is not right. The only thing that should be going to your common is your negative from the power supply. The wire nut method you used is fine (altough five wires in a wire nut is a little much), but instead of that fifth wire going to the common, put that wire to the positve side of the power supply, and if we are on the same page, it should be fine.
now i am seriously going to bed, we are very close and i will be happy to help tomorrow morning if you still require it.
Hello SandwichMagic,

I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU for helping me out in my time of need. I just have to figure out the UDC timer thing and it will be totally functional for my demonstration tomorrow. If you had not come along and helped me I would probably failed my demonstration tomorrow evening. I will be up and working on this tomorrow afternoon trying to get the UDC counter instructions right. If you think of something I missed in the timer or comparative instructions please let me know. I will be in your debt for the help you gave me thank you again.

Sincerely,

Craig Yarges

It works all but the UDC counter does not function properly and I am not sure how to fix that.
Your program was correct (but your wiring was not), before you started making changes. Let me find your last posted program and try to fix it again.