Allen Bradley 256K PCMCIA Memory Card

noorgul

I have an Allen Bradley 256K PCMCIA Memory Card that I'm trying to use to upload and download programs to an Allen Bradley PanelView 1200. The part number for the card is 2711-NM11. I don't have the the drivers for the memory card. Does anyone know where I can get the drivers from and also how to configure it? I tried calling Allen Bradley but this part is obsolete.

Those older memory cards could only be used with your laptop if your laptop happened to be have a specific PCMCIA controller (sorry, I don't recall the mfg and model #). And unfortunately, certain series of the PV1200 was one of those caught in the middle of not being able to support certain types of cards (or something like that).

Thankfully, the Panelviews released now support the ATA flash card and everything works grand. To see what can be done in your case, go to A-Bs knowledge base and search for 2711-NM11. The first link describes how and what cards can be used with your PV.