replacing Omron CPM2A with CJ2M

plccontrols

Hi,

I don't have a lot of experience with Omron but here's what I'm looking at doing: I have a CPM2A doing some low level control but it is connected (via Host Link, I'm assuming) serially to a Parker/CTC HPX Powerstation HMI (for SCADA, and DVT Vision). I'm looking at doing some upgrades and was planning on replacing the CPM2A with a CJ2M PLC. Is it capable of running the CPM2A program and communications as is? I see that the CJ2 advertises that it uses tag based programming but it appears to still use addresses as well (when I look at program structure using CX Programmer). Is it capable of using both tags and addresses or would I have to rewrite the program and reassign tags within the HMI? I suppose I could use a CJ1M but I wanted to use Omron's latest offering as it is faster, has more memory, etc.,

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Dave