You are not registered yet. Please click here to register!

plc storereviewsdownloads
This board is for PLC Related Q&A ONLY. Please DON'T use it for advertising, etc.

Try our online PLC Simulator- FREE.  Click here now to try it.

---------->>>>>Get FREE PLC Programming Tips

New Here? Please read this important info!!!

Go Back   PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > PLCS.net - Interactive Q & A > LIVE PLC Questions And Answers

PLC training tools sale

Old November 8th, 2004, 04:02 PM   #1
jimdi4
United States

Wonderware Intouch Rotation Question

Hello, I would like to do a continous rotation of an object when a bit is true (1).

I am using Wonderware Windowmaker 9.0.

So far, I set the objects Miscellaneous/Orientation. Set the bit(tagname tied to it). Then set the Value at Max CCW at 0, the Value at MaxCW at 10, the CCW Rotation at 0, the CW Rotation at 360. The Centerof Rotationoffset from object centerpoint: X position = 0....and the Y position=0.

I added a button to test, but what happpens is the test object will only rotate when the bit is toggled back and forth, it will not continously rotate when the bit is true...any thoughts here...

thanks
Old November 8th, 2004, 05:10 PM   #2
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

I don't have WW available to me right now but it sounds like you need a analog HMI tag made up and do a windows script that:

IF Tag = True AND HMI_Tag < max rotation THEN
HMI_Tag = HMI_Tag + constant
ELSE IF HMI_Tag > max rotation
HMI_Tag = 0
END IF

and have the rotation tied to the HMI_Tag. My logic above might not be exact for WW but you get the idea.
Old November 8th, 2004, 05:37 PM   #3
jimdi4
United States

I put:

IF TEST == 1 AND $Second < 360 THEN
TEST = 1;
ELSE IF $Second > 360 THEN
TEST = 0;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

and I get

"expecting another operand"
Old November 8th, 2004, 06:34 PM   #4
Derek McFarland
Canada

harryting's suggestions work

Use your bit tag in place of TEST1 and the orientation animation should be tied to HMI_Tag of some other memory integer you specify.

IF TEST1 == 1 AND (HMI_Tag < 360) THEN
HMI_Tag = HMI_Tag + 2;
ELSE IF HMI_Tag > 360 THEN
HMI_Tag = 0;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;
Old November 9th, 2004, 09:36 AM   #5
msinclair
United States

I'm agreed in principle with what everyone has posted so far.

For a continuously animated rotation, you need a continually changing tag. I typically would use the $Second system tag as you suggested.

Marc

PS: You might need to define a new tag and set that up in a "QuickFunction" like:

If Test==1 Then MyFunction=$Second;
Else MyFunction=0;
Endif;

Last edited by msinclair; November 9th, 2004 at 09:57 AM.
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:07 AM   #6
jimdi4
United States

I just want to make it clear that this is the first Wonderware job I am doing thats why I may be tripping on my own two feet here...

To test this i created a pushbutton and for the discrete value i called it test1.

I double clicked on my animation for the rotation and added the following in the miscelaneous orientation :

IF TEST1 == 1 AND (rotation < 360) THEN
rotation = rotation + 2;
ELSE IF rotation > 360 THEN
rotation= 0;
ENDIF;
ENDIF;

When I click on "OK" I still get "expecting another operand"....Is there a way you can see if I am doing the same thing you are?.. or am I missing something here? I did notice the tagname "rotation" that I created did not have the same access as the rest of the tags...could this be creating the problem? If so how do you change the tagname access w/o reimporting all the tags?
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:17 AM   #7
jimdi4
United States

PS: You might need to define a new tag and set that up in a "QuickFunction" like:

Quickfunction????

Ok, Now I see it...I added that bit of code to a "quickfucntion" and saved it as "rotation" but how do I tie it to the object?

When you doubleclick on the object the Animation pops up...I chose ...Miscellaneous...Orietation...but its looking for an expression not a quickfunction??? Pease clarfy...

Last edited by jimdi4; November 9th, 2004 at 10:29 AM.
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:20 AM   #8
msinclair
United States

Quote:
Originally posted by jimdi4
When I click on "OK" I still get "expecting another operand"....Is there a way you can see if I am doing the same thing you are?.. or am I missing something here? I did notice the tagname "rotation" that I created did not have the same access as the rest of the tags...could this be creating the problem? If so how do you change the tagname access w/o reimporting all the tags?

That is why I added the edit for the "QuickFunction". If you update a tag through a "QuickFunction", you can use a much more complicated expression than you can in the Animation Link Expression.

Try something like what I posted above (or your own code) in a quick function (I typed it from memory, so you might need to work on syntax a bit), then reference your quick-function Tag name in your animation link.

Looks like our posts crossed on the net. Yes - a quickfunction is found under "Scripts" on your project navigation tree.

Good luck,

Marc

PS: I have not used 9.0 - I would assume this functionality hasn't changed . . .

Last edited by msinclair; November 9th, 2004 at 10:22 AM.
Old November 9th, 2004, 10:38 AM   #9
jimdi4
United States

Yes there is a bit of a propagation delay here...I am updating my question and you are already answering it....Maybe I should wait a couple of minutes b-4 I posted...

Ok, Now I see it...I added that bit of code to a "quickfucntion" and saved it as "rotation" but how do I tie it to the object?

When you doubleclick on the object the Animation pops up...I chose ...Miscellaneous...Orietation...but its looking for an expression not a quickfunction??? Please clarfy...

Last edited by jimdi4; November 9th, 2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old November 9th, 2004, 11:25 AM   #10
harryting
Lifetime Supporting Member
United States

Quote:
ENDIF;
ENDIF;
I don't have WW here but I think you might have one more ENDIF than required.

As for your question on expression. An Expression is can include function, numbers, etc... eg. 2+2 is an expression, SIN(X) is an expression and X == Y is an logical (0 or 1) expression.
Old November 9th, 2004, 12:56 PM   #11
msinclair
United States

Well - I broke out WindowMaker and fooled around for a minute - here's probably the simplest way that I could find:

Set your orientation expression equal to: TEST1*$SECOND, then scale your orientation properties so that 0-60 = 0 - 360.

Marc

PS: I only got the quickfunction working for a "one-shot" kind of update. It might need to go into a Script that runs regularly to get that to work (which is definitely NOT what you want to do). While I'm sure that I have done it before, I couldn't figure it out quickly today (and I think the above solution is better anyhow!)
Old November 9th, 2004, 01:07 PM   #12
jimdi4
United States

What I wound up doing was utilize a condition script. That worked perfect for my application.
Jump to Live PLC Question and Answer Forum