6gk1543-1aa01 malfunction

chrismarlin

I have a problem with the communication processor 6GK1543-1AA01 linking S5 135U (CPU 928) to an OP30 display.
The Stop and Run leds are both ON simultaneously and cannot put it back into Run mode. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ??

Dear All,

I have a problem with the communication processor module 6GK1543-1AA01 ( CP 5431 ) linking S5 135U (CPU 928) to an OP30 display.
The Stop and Run LEDS are both ON simultaneously and cannot put it back into Run mode. Does anyone know how to solve this problem ??

The problem started when we had a power cut and the PLC S5 went into stop mode, we had reset the software on the main CPU and OP30 has a view of the whole software except the 6GK1543-1AA01 ( CP 5431 )which cannot communicate with the S5 PLC. I did a lot of research online and on this great forum and it turns out that there is an additional configuration software for the 6GK1543-1AA01 ( CP 5431 ) which I downloaded from a useful thread on this site however the software is for S5 DOS and I have windows based S5, can you please advise how to overcome this issue ? I need a S5 DOS system to be able to install this configuration CP 5431 software otherwise does anyone have CP5431 config software for S5 Windows based ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I understand the system is obsolete but I need some urgent assistance.

Much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Chris

Dear All,

The problem started when we had a power cut and the PLC S5 went into stop mode, we had reset the software on the main CPU and OP30 has a view of the whole software except the 6GK1543-1AA01 ( CP 5431 )which cannot communicate with the S5 PLC. I did a lot of research online and on this great forum and it turns out that there is an additional configuration software for the 6GK1543-1AA01 ( CP 5431 ) which I downloaded from a useful thread on this site however the software is for S5 DOS and I have windows based S5, can you please advise how to overcome this issue ? I need a S5 DOS system to be able to install this configuration CP 5431 software otherwise does anyone have CP5431 config software for S5 Windows based ?

Your help would be greatly appreciated. I understand the system is obsolete but I need some urgent assistance.

Much appreciated and many thanks in advance.

Chris

Any help folks would be much much appreciated !!!!!

Thank you
🍻(y)

Not real sure... most of us have tried to forget the DOS S5 days :)

I use "S5 for Windows" but still not sure if that will help you much if your CPU is faulted

Does your PLC have a EProm ? should be orange also have you tried a reset on the PLC?

Not real sure... most of us have tried to forget the DOS S5 days :)

I use "S5 for Windows" but still not sure if that will help you much if your CPU is faulted

Does your PLC have a EProm ? should be orange also have you tried a reset on the PLC?

Hi mate many thanks for the reply. The PLC I use is S5 windows based and yes it has an EPROM ( RAM 64kb ). The PLC has been successfully reset and the program has been successfully uploaded however the PLC is not communicating with the Sinec / CP 5431 communication module ( the PLC does not see the module all together ), my research leads me to think that the module itself needs configuration . Would you happen to have the windows based configuration software ( its additional module for the S5 Window software I use to access the S5 PLc )for the CP 5431 ? Or at least point me in the right direction. Many thanks and much appreciated. Chris 🍻

To me that may mean you still have a error and maybe thats why it will not communicate but im am just guessing at this point or like you said you dont have the config files so its error out

I feel your pain and wish I could be more help, have you posted on the Siemens support site? there maybe some older programmers on there.... you need a old German thats retired to work on them anymore

To me that may mean you still have a error and maybe thats why it will not communicate but im am just guessing at this point or like you said you dont have the config files so its error out

I feel your pain and wish I could be more help, have you posted on the Siemens support site? there maybe some older programmers on there.... you need a old German thats retired to work on them anymore

Many thanks - I will post on the Siemens site tomorrow morning. Good idea - will kee you updated. If you know of any experienced forum members please let me know. Much appreciated Sir - Chris 🍻

If you know of any experienced forum members please let me know.

Most of the S5 guys are on your side of the pond and are going to bed... there are a couple and maybe they will see this tomorrow, check back

JesperMP and L D[AR2,P#0.0] are great with Siemens just not sure how much S5 they remember (or want to)

Best of luck!

The STOP and RUN LEDs lit simultaneously means the CP5431 is not synchronized with the CPU. Typically switching the CPU to STOP then RUN will remedy this. Otherwise, cold restart of the CPU (easiest to do with STEP 5 software).