OPC Communication

ikon2018

I was testing out OPC communication between Siemens WinCC and ABB SCADA System I had few difficulties in accessing the OPCServer of WinCC. The version of WinCC I am using is WinCC Version 5.1 and when ever I am trying to connect to the OPCServer.WinCC from the Matrikon OPC Tuneller it is giving this message: OPCcommn_PS.DLL: Old Version Installed. And when I am clicking this message as OK, another message is popping up and it says communication to OPCServer.WinCC not established. And when I went into the details of the error the following message is displayed:
COM/OPC error 0x80040154 on CoCreateInstance()

Error String: Class not Registered

Additional: Could not connect to “OPCServer.WinCC”

I have also installed the patch for registry and done the necessary changes in the system registry for OPCServer of WinCC. Few days back I have tested the same communication with WinCC version 6.0 and was successful. I would like to have a solution for this problem as the WinCC being used here is of Version 5.1.

And I have one more question. Last time when I used WinCC Version 6.0 and connected to the ABB server I downloaded all the tags and placed then under OPC.chn driver. When I was trying to check the OPC data transfer and communication the changes was not reflected in my system when the tags were in OPC chn group. When I placed the same tags in internal tags group the communication was established and data transfer was taking place.

Hence if you could please provide me a solution for both these problems at the earliest then it would be great.

Regards