Advanced HMI - Still in active development? - Also a question re: A.B. ML100

ControlSysNick

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Archie,

I visited the web site http://www.advancedhmi.com/ and the last news item shown on the site was posted in mid-2013

I have a few questions:

Are you still actively developing Advanced HMI?

I am thinking of using Advanced HMI for a small job that uses an Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 (communicating over the Ethernet port).

Does Advanced HMI require the use of RSLinx? Or does it have its own software driver?

What kind of data sampling rate is possible?

I have a need for charting a couple of variables with an update rate of every 200 msec. Would that be achievable?

Thanks!

Nick

AdvancedHMI is still actively in development.

There are drivers for nearly all of AB PLCs and it does not require RSLinx.

The read rate is dependent on several factors such network speed, the amount of data being read, and computer speed. I have ran a simple test to see what is the fastest possible read rate by reading only a single tag over Ethernet that was connected point to point with a CompactLogix processor. It was able to update at an average of 12ms.

Hi Archie,

Thanks for the quick reply!

I've been meaning to try your Advanced HMI s/w and have got the perfect small project to try it out on. Looking forward to it.

Nick

I have a follow-up question:

Does it matter as to which version of Visual Studio I have installed?

ie. I have Visual Studio 2010 installed and am considering upgrading to 2013. Does it matter as far as Advanced HMI goes?

Nick