Red lion Crimson 3 to crimson 2

Rarmstrong123

Hi all.

Just finished my first crimson 3 project, I go to site to download it onto a Red Lion G310, and it's not compatible!!

Can I convert the project from crimson 3 to crimson 2? So that it can be installed on the G310?

Or.... Is there are way of making the G310 compatible with crimson 3?

Or.... Am I starting all over in crimson 2?

Welcome to the forum.

You should be able to update the G310 to Crimson 3. I've updated Crimson 2 HMIs to Crimson 3 without any trouble. Use Link-Send and it should first download the Crimson 3 operating system to the HMI, then download the program. This will erase whatever project is currently in the HMI.

Hi all.

Just finished my first crimson 3 project, I go to site to download it onto a Red Lion G310, and it's not compatible!!

Can I convert the project from crimson 3 to crimson 2? So that it can be installed on the G310?

Or.... Is there are way of making the G310 compatible with crimson 3?

Or.... Am I starting all over in crimson 2?

As has been mentioned, the old style G310 is not compatible with Crimson 3.0. The old style was replaced several years ago. Is this a new display? What is the model number?

However, you could have configured your project for a 640x480 G310 and the one in the field is 800x600 or the other way around. In that case you can use "Save Conversion" from the File menu.

Thanks for your replies.

This is an old g310, I am back on site tomorrow so I will check the model number.

I have reluctantly started re-writing in crimson 2! I was hoping to be able to copy as much across as possible but I am not having much luck.
I have exported the tags from my crimson 3 to csv and to text files, but when I import to crimson 2 there are errors and they fail to import! Is there a way around this or am I re-writing the lot?!

Thanks for your replies.

This is an old g310, I am back on site tomorrow so I will check the model number.

I have reluctantly started re-writing in crimson 2! I was hoping to be able to copy as much across as possible but I am not having much luck.
I have exported the tags from my crimson 3 to csv and to text files, but when I import to crimson 2 there are errors and they fail to import! Is there a way around this or am I re-writing the lot?!

I think you will be rewriting, but take a look at your time cost. It might be less expensive to buy a Version 2 unit.

I agree swap panel, legacy hardware tends to generate more wasted time and headache than it is worth, especially if it is a straight conversion.

There is some that take more time to re-write than the cost expected life of the machine, hence the machine using RIO that was written poorly, give us lots of headaches, but not worth sinking the time to update it