syMax to Mobus Conversion

hfarmani

I am looking to convert Sy/Max PLC RS232 interface to Modbus/TCP Ethernet (RJ45) to be able to access the SyMax PLC from network.

Any idea is appreciated.

First-
Can't you just scrap the Square-D SyMax and update?

But seriously-
With limited knowledge of the SyMax (400 processor), I think the onboard port is RS-485. I remember using an externally powered adapter when getting online via a laptop serial port.

A quick search brought this: Take a look .

Glad I no longer have to support any of those monsters anymore.

Sy/Max

Definitely look at Niobrara (NR&D) for this type of product. They probably know more about Sy/Max communications than any one at Schneider Electric.

You can get NR&D convertors that mount in Symax racks (EPE-5, MEB-RT - see the link from 93lt1) as well as devices for Quantum racks (QUCM) and Momentum systems (MUCM).

The Sy/Max port is RS422 4 wire.