s71200 PLC-triggered logging on TP700 HMI - TIA Portal

Thanks guys!

Thanks guys for your help!
This forum is amazing for getting help figuring out stuff.

I will try to implement it as you said.

You have your 10 variables. When all is finished move these to 10 new variables that is the tags to be logged. These are to be logged "on change". So every time you want to log you move your values to the logging tags and the values are logged. If you have mode 1 and 2 then create 10 variables for mode 1 and one for mode 2. Then move the actual values you want to log to the mode you want to log it to.

Focus your control of the logging to how you move your readings to mode 1 or 2.

Hello all. I am doing a similar application as was described in this thread.
I want to log a pressing motion where I have the following data to be logged:

So I log two force values on every 0.1mm for 2 mm. So I have 20 logs per fore transducer.
I move the values to a DB where I have 3 arrays (of 20 real's). 1 array for the servo position, 1 array for force transducer 1, 1 array for force transducer 2.

I want to log this tot the CSV with a KTP700 comfort panel.
I configured the datalog like so:
Storage location - Data records: -Path: - logging method
CSV file(ASCII) - 5000000 - /Storage card SD... - Circural log

In the logging tags I inputed all the tags from the DB.
Press position-Press-Force1-PressForce2

I tried this but it's a mess, I have way more logs that should be... Is it because when the axis is moving and the DB starts to fill with the data, the HMI makes all the excess logs?

I am thinking of moving the DB(where values are being stored while the pressing is being done to another DB(when the pressing is done) try to log these tags?

I hope you know what I mean...

Cheers all.

Is your logging actually more like an X/Y-log, rather than a time based log ?
I.e. one axis is displacement in mm, and the other axis is force.
Or maybe even 3 values that are interdependant, displacement + force + force ?
If that is the case, then the panel cannot perform the logging alone. You have to log the X,Y (or X,Y,Z), data pairs in the PLC, and then on some condition transfer them to the panel to be logged.
I would still do the logging on the panel by scripting.

Is your logging actually more like an X/Y-log, rather than a time based log ?
I.e. one axis is displacement in mm, and the other axis is force.
Or maybe even 3 values that are interdependant, displacement + force + force ?
If that is the case, then the panel cannot perform the logging alone. You have to log the X,Y (or X,Y,Z), data pairs in the PLC, and then on some condition transfer them to the panel to be logged.
I would still do the logging on the panel by scripting.

Hello.
When the pressing is being done I move the values (of the force) when the axis passes certain positions.
Let's say I start to move the force values at position 166.0 mm of the servo axis.
So:
@ 166.0 I move Force 1 and Force2 to my DB array
@ 166.1 I move Force 1 and Force2 to my DB array
@ 166.1 I move Force 1 and Force2 to my DB array
and so on to position 168.0.

After this process is done the DB is filled with the process data. I would like to log these values with the panel in a CSV file... I've tried like described in my previous post but it does not work like I would like....

I've tried to configure a DINT tag which I would increment every time I would like to log the values, with the LogTag function.
But with LogTag function, there is a limitation of 16 tags tag... So it isn't really helpful...

What PLC are you using? It is possible to log using that as well..

If you are set on using HMI, maybe look at the report function?

I am using s7-1500 PLC.
I will look in to that...
But is the 2gb sd card that I got with the panel compatible with the PLC...
I have to check.

I tried this out (using plcsim) and set up a bunch of boolean tags for the triggers and added the logtag function for 10 different data points for each trigger tag (I used 10 rather than the max of 16 as this will make dividing up the 20 data points a bit easier).

I configured the data log logging method to be Trigger Event and the aquisition mode for the data points to be On demand.

The log only gets updated when you toggle the trigger bits.

I tried this out (using plcsim) and set up a bunch of boolean tags for the triggers and added the logtag function for 10 different data points for each trigger tag (I used 10 rather than the max of 16 as this will make dividing up the 20 data points a bit easier).

I configured the data log logging method to be Trigger Event and the aquisition mode for the data points to be On demand.

The log only gets updated when you toggle the trigger bits.

This is a good idea. I think i will also implement it this way... I'll get started today... will post the results...

I am in for alot of pressing cntrl v and cntrl c :)

Remember to set the acquisition mode for the log bits to continuous :)

Hello.
Yes thank you I know about this.
I just completed adding the logtag functions to the trigger bits, so tomorrow morning I'll test it out.

I'll report the results tomorw.
Thanks for the input and good ideas!

Cheers.
Aleix

Hi all.
I have tried but the csv is still a mess. It's not in the correct order.

In the trigger tag I put the exact order of the logtag functions(with the tag that I want).
So that I would have:
Servo pos-1
Servo pos-2
Servo pos-3 and so on to 20.
But instead, everything is mixed up...

Should the acquisition mode in the historical data view be set to on-demand? I had it on On change...
Is the triggering of the trigger bits done too fast?

Cheers.