Omron C200HG

Pricop

Hi,

I have a problem with a Omron plc,model HG200 CPU 43;I'm trying to connect with it but the error led is blinking.On the male serial port of the CPU I have short circuit pins 4 with 5,on the female serial port of the PC I have short circuit 4 with 6 and 7 with 8.I can't detect it with CX-Programmer (v9.7).The comms for Hostlink, 9600, 7, E, 2,also dip sw5 on.Do I need to turn any other off?I have all of them on beside 6.The run led it's on and the error led it's blinking.What should I do?

Thank you!

is this an out of the box plc or has the system been powered off for a while?
the blinking light may mean that the internal capacitors are not charged up.
if that is the issue, i cannot remember the procedure to reset the error for this unit. refer to the manual.
james

Yes,those are the connections that I have on the cable,but I forgot to mention that this cable I connected with and male/female adapter and a usb so in the end the cable is like this : RS232male - RS232female - male/female adapter - usb - PC

James,the system has at least 4 years of being shot down.I try now to ressurect it,but from the start I have this problem.Also,I took only the central unit and the power supply on that long mount,without any I/O modules,could be that a problem?I was thinking that it's enough for me to connect with it only with CPU and power supply.

Many USB/serial converters will not work with Omron PLCs. Get one with an FTDI chip set and you may be OK. That being said it is also possible the processor has a problem.