Modbus Gateway with SLC 5/05

CQ21

Hey guys!

I've been dabbling with getting a RS-485 device that uses modbus protocol into my SLC 5/05. I've steered towards buying a Modbus Gateway specifically the MGate 5105-MP-EIP. Seems like the easier option and very straight forward with little hassle! But I'm curious if anyone knows how to do the configuration on the RSLogix500 side of things?

I've heard I have to configure an Ethernet/IP driver...but how can I see my read tags in RSLogix500? If anyone has some advice or perhaps experience using a modbus gateways with the SLC 5/05 it would be greatly appreciated...

Last edited:
That device is not appropriate for use with an SLC-5/05.

It supports Ethernet/IP "Adapter" and "Scanner" functions, which are meant for cyclic I/O transfer with ControlLogix and CompactLogix.

SLC-5/05 does not support those connection types and cannot be made to emulate them.

I'm going to go read your other thread and make suggestions and ask questions there, but wanted to post here before you clicked "Buy".

That device is not appropriate for use with an SLC-5/05.

It supports Ethernet/IP "Adapter" and "Scanner" functions, which are meant for cyclic I/O transfer with ControlLogix and CompactLogix.

SLC-5/05 does not support those connection types and cannot be made to emulate them.

I'm going to go read your other thread and make suggestions and ask questions there, but wanted to post here before you clicked "Buy".

Oh my! I haven't purchased it yet, thanks for the save...much appreciated!!:eek:(y)