How to capture value from variable in ST

Akgaurihar

Hi,

I want to capture a value from variable A (e.g Temperature) when certain conditions are met and write this value to another variable B. Variable B should only contain captured value until the next time conditions are met and value is written.

Variable B indicates that when a certain condition occurred the temp was xx.

I am using OpenPCS and programming in ST.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

If you want to capture the variable as long as condition is true:

Code:
IF condition THEN
  variable_B := variable_A ;
END_IF ;
or if you want to capture the variable only the moment condition turns TRUE:
Code:
IF condition AND NOT condition_mem THEN
  variable_B := variable_A ;
 END_IF ;
condition_mem := condition ;

Another way to capture only when the condition becomes true would be to use a rising trigger function block (R_TRIG). The .Q value of this block is true for one scan only after the condition becomes true:

Code:
VAR
Capture_Value: R_TRIG;
Condition:     BOOL; 

(* other variable definitions *)
END_VAR

Capture_Value(CLK:=Condition);   // Call the Rising Trigger Function Block
If Capture_Value.Q THEN
   variable_B := variable_A;
END_IF