FTLinx OPC DA

rajy2r

I have used RSLinx OPC for communication to a 3rd party software.

Steps are generally to setup the Topic and point to the PLC. The Server Name and Machine Name are defined in the application Setup.

ServerName=RSLinx OPC Server
ServerMachineName=localhost

My understanding is that i should be able to use FTLinx Gateway for a similar setup , but I don't seem to have any success. Looked through the manual and not much info there.

Would appreciate some help.

Similar Topics

Hey all, So in Studio 5000 you can go to...communications -> select communication software...and then choose between RSLinx or FTLinx. However...
Replies
Views
We have two, nearly identical machines. One configuration utilizes a L33ERM and I am able to see and access the local subnet devices, such as...
Replies
Views
Hey All, I am experiencing issues connecting my FTView to a remote network. When i expand my Network and Devices tree (Left panel), my...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am attempting to communicate between PC and AB compactlogix L32E Using Logix 5000. FTLinx is able to communicate via ethernet. FTLinx...
Replies
Views
I've done a factory reset on a PV 7 Plus terminal, set the IP address and cycled power. I can now ping the PV and can see it on RS Linx but its...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom