OP77B HMI panel

johneedw

Hello friends,
I've an old op7 panel and trying to replace it with a new one of model OP77B. But the project of the old one is a psr file while the new one works with a psb file only and then, when I try to restore the project of the old panel (OP7) to the new one (OP77B), the Prosave software rejected to download the file to the OP77B panel because the panel does not support the psr files !..
Please, help me and advice me if there is a way to convert the psr file to a psb file?..
Waiting for kind help!...

You can't do that. Prosave files can only be downloaded to the same panel. Your OP7 Prosave file can only be downloaded to another OP7. You have to have the Protool project file from the OP7 (.pdb file, or Protool object integrated in a STEP 7 project), and convert that project file to OP77B using WinCC flexible.

Dear sigmadelta,
Please, clarify your kind answer below in some details to help me to follow the method step by step !..
(You have to have the Protool project file from the OP7 (.pdb file, or Protool object integrated in a STEP 7 project), and convert that project file to OP77B using WinCC flexible) ..
Note, I did not find the (OP7) panel model in the panels list in WinCC flexible , while the OP77B model is availabe there..
Waiting for kind reply!.. best regards

Please note the following:

1) The OP7 can only be programmed with Protool

2) The OP77B can only be programmed with WinCC flexible

3) The .PSR file you have is a ProSave backup file of the OP7. This file CANNOT be used for the OP77B.

4) If you do not have the original OP7 Protool file with file extension .PDB, or an OP7 Protool object inside a STEP 7 Project, then you have to create a brand new project in WinCC flexible for your OP77B.

5) If you do have have the original OP7 Protool file with file extension .PDB, or an OP7 Protool object inside a STEP 7 Project, then you can upgrade the Protool project to WinCC Flexible.

In short, the .PSR file you have will not work in the OP77B. If this is all you have then you have to create a new project in WinCC flexible, and try your best to make it equal to the original OP7 project.

Last edited: