How To Direct Run Powerflex 525

samby38

Hi guys,
Please how can I directly run powerflex 525?
I know there is a direct run option for servos on RSLogix5000.
Is there an option like this for powerflex too?

Also, direct run from keypad is possible with powerflex 40 but 525 has no keypad.

Thank you in advance.

Sam.

All the PowerFlex525's that I have seen all have a keypad and a display. I did no not see a model in the catalog that does not have a keypad and display.

You can connect a remote display, 22-HIM-** to the DSI port.

Alan

Parameter 46 needs to be set to 1 so that the start source is from the keypad. Set parameter 47 to 1 so the speed reference is from the Drive pot and then you can stop and start it locally using the red and green buttons on the front of the drive and you can vary the speed by turning the pot.

What is the part number of your PF525 because the ones I am installing at the moment have potentiometers in the top RH corner.

PowerFlex 527's do not have a pot they are set up as a motion axis in Logix/Studio 5000

Alan
Dear Alan,
my mistake, I thought it has no potentiometer knob. I just checked one now and it's there. Sorry my mistake. I think I know what to do now.

Thanks.

Parameter 46 needs to be set to 1 so that the start source is from the keypad. Set parameter 47 to 1 so the speed reference is from the Drive pot and then you can stop and start it locally using the red and green buttons on the front of the drive and you can vary the speed by turning the pot.
Hi Beethoven,
Thank you very much.