Use Hashtag (#) in FactoryTalk Text Box

JJH

I am creating a text box for a screen that has the following layout:

/*N:2 {::[MACHINE]Program:UN_Machine.EventSlot1} NOFILL DP:0*/
/*N:2 {::[MACHINE]Program:UN_Machine.EventSlot2} NOFILL DP:0*/
/*N:2 {::[MACHINE]Program:UN_Machine.EventSlot3} NOFILL DP:0*/
/*N:2 {::[MACHINE]Program:UN_Machine.EventSlot4} NOFILL DP:0*/

Problem is, FactoryTalk thinks the #1, #2, #3 are for parameter files, when I really mean is for Number (#), not Parameter.

Anyone know the right way for me to use a hashtag symbol in a text box as a text object and not an instruction for FactoryTalk to do something else?

Are you using FTView ME or SE? What version?

I am creating a text box...

Are you using a Text object or another object?

... for a screen that has the following layout:

/*N:2 {::[MACHINE]Program:UN_Machine.EventSlot1} NOFILL DP:0*/
I tested a similar code in a FTVME screen and it works correctly (#1, #2, #3 are printed literally on screen).

Could you post a capture of the object's properties?

FTVME Hashtag

Attached is a screenshot of the property.

I'm just using a basic text object as I often do displays with that and just have the variables in there. Thought I could do the same thing, but I forgot the # symbol is interpreted as a parameter file in FTV, which is not what I want it for.

FTVME Hashtag.JPG

Ok. My first test was in FTVME 6.10. Now I was able to reproduce the issue on FTVME 8.10.

I think there are some workarounds:

a) Create a string tag in HMI Tags and use it instead of the hashtag. For example: if the tag's name is hashtag (type: string, length: 1, data source type: memory, initial valur: #), you can use it the Text object:

Code:
/*N:5 Variable1 NOFILL DP:0*/
  /*S:1 hashtag*/1
  /*S:1 hashtag*/2
  /*S:1 hashtag*/3
/*N:5 Variable3 NOFILL DP:0*/
b) Add and space between the hashtag and the number

Code:
/*N:5 Variable1 NOFILL DP:0*/
# 1
# 2
# 3
If I can think of another solution, I'll post it.

workaround_01.png