Using Studio 5000 View Designer with 5000 Studio Logix Emulate

Dear Network,

My purpose is to test a application created with Studio 5000 view designer using view 5000 Emulator and Logix Emulator.

I created a simple program that contain 2 tags using Logix designer V32. Using RSlinx Classic I add a virtual Backplane. I add new controller Emulate 5570 using Studio 5000 Logix Emulator.

I downloaded the program created to the Emulate 5570. I created a simple application using Studio 5000 view designer to visualise the 2 tags created, since I don't have a real HMI panel view I tried to test the application using the view 5000 Emulator.

I Added controller references to the project and set the Emulator to Controller path in the References tab in the project properties. I Set the path from the View 5000 Emulator to the controller, since I don't have a real PLC I decide to select the controller that I created from the virtual backplane running Logix Emulator.

When I run the application tags are in Red and message shows that communication with the controller cannot be established.

I searched in the manuals but I couldn't find any answers :-(
Could you help me with that, thanks in advance

Hi alexkaz,

Thank you for your answer. this tutorial shows how to use RS logix emulate but it does not answer my question.
Actually my purpose is to emulate an application developed on Studio 5000 View Designer and select the controller from a virtual backplane running Logix Emulator.
I created a simple program with logix designer V32 contaning 2 tags and I downloaded the program into the emulator controller.
I created a display and I added a display numbers and referenced them to the tags created in my program but when I run the Studio 5000 View Designer emulator I get an error message "Not supported by Windows emulator cannot reach the controller"