Setting up (TOT) Totalizer & communication to flow meter

Ones_Zeros

Hello
I was needing some guidance on communicating and setting up a totalizer from a flow meter in the PLC.
The PLC is a AB 1769 Compact Logic controller

I’ve never setup a (TOT) Totalizer, but I’m currently communicating to
the Flow meter via 4-20ma out to the PLC input card.

- Do I have to import a new “Data Type” to communicate to the flow meter by Hart?

- Is the best way to setup a Totalizer function in the PLC is to communicate to the meter by Hart?

- Any guidance on setting up the communications & setting up the TOT totalizer would be greatly appreciated.

I attached the TOT instruction from the PLC
- what would need to be configured on this instruction?
- the flow meter is measuring water (Gal/min)

Thanks for helping

9B3000E3-02AE-4681-8E0B-186A5C7356C0.jpeg

The Totaliser instruction doesn't care about HART. In fact, I'd say your challenge is actually finding a Rockwell card for CompactLogix that is HART enabled, unless you look at more expensive or modern IO families.
The scaled value from the meter goes into the In Input of the block and you then toggle the progstartReq bit for it to start totalising for you.