Studio 5000 via Remote Desktop Toolbar

Fixineer

I teach at a University and have good experience with students using Studio 5000 via Remote Desktop app. While this has worked for over 100 students, I now have (2) logging into separate PCs/PLCs that have issues with part of tool bar being cutoff so that they cannot see instructions while programming.

Issue can be seen as cut off "Favorites" tab & missing instruction set at top right of attached photo.
I wanted to see if anyone else has experience with this issue. Both are using Windows 10 PCs from home.

Screenshot (1) (1).jpg

Last edited:
This is likely a font scaling issue.

Have them do the following on their machine:

1. Click the Windows 10 Start logo
  2. Near the bottom on the left is a Gear icon. Click that to access Windows Settings.
  3. In the Find a setting field type "display" without the quotes.
  4. Select Display Settings
  5. Under Scale and Layout note the default scaling. Mine is 125% and I don't have any issues. It may be necessary to try 100% and see what that does. They might even try a higher setting.

I believe this has to be done on the host machine (theirs). But if that doesn't help, you could always try it on the remote machine.

Make sure they note what theirs was set to in case they need to change it back.

OG

having same problem laptop is set at 125% and external monitor is at 175% i have moved both all over does not seem to help