Kepware to Prosoft Gateway

turnerd3

Hello! I am trying to determine the correct Kepware driver to use to have Kepware read data from an Allen Bradley SLC5/04 PLC via a Prosoft PLX51-DF1-ENI Gateway. I have attached a segment of the network for better illustration.

What I have Tried:

1. I can upload/download the program from/to the PLC through the gateway.
  2. I can view live values using RSLogix500.
  3. I can send message commands from the CompactLogix PLC to the SLC5/04.
  4. I can open the webpage on the gateway using the computer with that contains the Kepware Server.
  5. Used the Kepware ENI:SLC 500 Modular and Fixed I/O, Micrologix 1100 and 1400 drivers.
I was hoping that someone has had a similar setup and have got it working. My alternative is to send all the required data from the SLC5/04 to the CompactLogix using message commands. I would then have Kepware poll it. Trying to avoid that.

Thank you in advance for reading and responding to my post!

Layout.jpg

Last edited:
I think you should be able to get this working. I'm probably a bit wrong which other can chime in ..

- I'm quite sure you want to use AB Ethernet or Contrologix Ethernet drivers

- The key will be with the PATH. The same path you used at the Compactlogix to the SLC should work as well.

You can always call Prosoft up, they are very helpful.

I found my issue! I had the incorrect node number for the PLC. Once that was corrected, using the Micrologix 1400 driver worked. Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my post!