Logix 500 Fatal Error

wilheldp

I tried to move a computer that had RSLogix500 6.00.00 up and running before I moved it...but I just started it up and when I try to open Logix, I get the following error message...

FATAL ERROR The copy protection license for the application could not be aquired. Error: 2

I have tried removing and replacing the license files, I have uninstalled and reinstalled Logix. I am officially out of ideas...any help?

TIA

Please help...this is urgent. For those of you that helped me with the auto-bartender, this is for a critical test!

The master disk is fine...it reports that all the licenses are there and confirms that they are transferred. Everything worked fine prior to moving the actual computer. Has anybody ever heard of an installation working one day and not 2 days later?

Shot in the dark....

Put your activation disk in and try to start RSL500. I know my XP will start off an empty activation disk.

I know you said that evmove reported the license OK , but just a thought , was the PC networked , and have you changed any mapped drives or resources ?

Nope...this was a stand-alone PC used only for programming a SLC and a Quickpanel. It was never plugged in to any network.

Awesome bloke, that's the kind of answer I was looking for. I figured this was something that could be handled by deleting some sort of config file. I'll let you know if it works or not (I'm away from that computer right now).

Another reason could be that if you are using an integrator or gold license, this is the time of the year that last years versions expire.
Regards Alan Case