S7 - jumping to a screen in ProTool using the Screen Number DB

RMA

This was discussed thast may in this Thread. I tried it out at the time but couldn't get it to work so, since my job 51 calls were doing the job fine, I abandoned it.

Now I've got a situation where it would make my life easier if I could use this method. I want to arrange things so that if an operator logs onto one Operator Station while the other station is sitting on the Finish screen following a run, the second OS gets kicked back to the Start screen.

I tried doing this in the PLC and wasn't too surprised when it didn't work, so then I decided to try it by using the "Set Value" function to write the value 1 to Word two of the Screen Number DB when the Operator clicks on the Logon Button. I could swear that this worked the one time I tried it out to check, but whether or not my memory is correct in this regard is irrelevant - it sure aint working now! In a VAT I can see Db12.DBW2 being set to "1" but on the Laptop the screen remains stubbornly on the Finish screen (nuber "99").

Does anybody know for sure whether this method of jumping to a screen should work on a PC using ProTool Pro, or does it only work on the Panels running Windows CE?

Bump!

Just a last attempt to see if I can get a definitive answer to this one.

On a German PLC site I found a thread about doing this with one of the OP Panels. Here it said that it was necessary to first write zero to Word 2 of the Screen Number DB and then a second (or so) later write the number of the screen you want to jump to.

I've tried doing this from a VAT, but still no joy. Although even if it did work, I don't think this is any improvement over Job 51 really.

Thanks STL???, that seems to pretty well confirm my suspicions that this only works for the CE Panels, especially since he explicitly mentions that it's easy to check it using a VAT.

I've now got three possible screen jumps lining up one after the other in one FC and what with having to check which OS is being used and set markers for "Jump already executed" etc., it's getting awfully messy using Job 51. I think I'll repackage the whole business in an FB which I can call and just pass over the screen number as a parameter. It'll be a whole lot tidier!