SLC 5/03 can not keep data when AC power off

Tony2006

Hello everyone,

I had a SLC 5/03 PLC. I created some data files, i.e. N25:0, N25:1, N25:2, N25:3, …, and saved some data in these files. However, after I turned off AC power and turned on again, I made online and found all of these data file contents were “0”. These data file properties were set to “None Protection” because the contents of the files would be changed on HMI ( PanelView 300). The PLC was with battery. The battery indicator was not lit. Why did the PLC can not keep the data when AC power off?

Thanks!

Is there a first scan bit writing values to the processor on power up?

Is the Panelview configured to write default values on power up? Quick test would be to disconnect the Panelview and cycle power. Then check the values

Do you have the "Load Memory Module Always" S:1/11 or "Load Memory Module and Run" S:1/12 bits set? If so, the data files also load with a power cycle. Therefore, check the "Memory Module" box on the Data Files Properties page to preserve the data.