RSview SE, VBA & Weather

fischb22

I have RSView SE, and i would like to be able to pull weather information off the internet and show this on the rsview se application, i also have plans to act on some of that information in the PLC)

i've been playing around with VBA learning how to read/write tags, but i've not been able to open an RSS feed or get any weather information.

is this something that is possible? and does anyone have any suggestions?

It should be possible, but will likely be pesky. You'll have to:
1. Do an http "get" or "put" - programmatically open a URL.
2. Parse the output for what you want.

This post provides an example in Python in FactoryPMI. You may be able to borrow some of the code if you use regular expressions.

I took it a step further in an example and downloaded all the images that Yahoo Weather uses (partly cloudy, sunny, etc) and dynamically displayed that along with the temp, humidity, etc.