PV C600 won't access Micro 830 tags

toofast22

Hello,

I'm working on a project with connected components workbench using a PV C600 and Micro 830. I was trying simple I/O forcing to see if they are linked correctly and keep getting "Data Access error for alias tag......." for every button I press. I have the C600 going right to the serial port on the Micro830. I am using AB serial CIP. Does anyone know what the issue could be? On PV explorer it showed no errors in the comm verification.

I have never used a PC C600 with a micro 830 but I have used several with SLC500's and micrologix 1400's. I have seen the error you are describing. Most common cause is a cable wiring error or the wrong address in the serial comms setup. Are you connecting to the phoenix serial comms connector? I can tell you that the wiring diagram in the user manual is not correct (complete).

Is CIP Serial fully baked in version 2.0 of CCW ? Have you seen any release notes or technical documentation on it ?

CCW 2.0 must have been a soft launch.. I see it on the RA website but I didn't get any notification or promotion that it had been released. I was waiting for the 850's and CIP Serial support before trying out a Micro 800 series project again.

Try addressing an ordinary internal Tag, rather than an I/O tag. I wouldn't be surprised if they limited the writeability of the I/O tags.

I found the issue. Thanks for the responses. I went on rockwells website and it said I could only upgrade my revision 1.012 controller to 1.013 and there was no other options. I upgraded it and during the upgrade I noticed there was a 2.011, but on the rockwell website for my control the 1280-LC30-48QWB it said the only available downloaded was 1.013 for that controller so I just did that. Still didnt work so I said F it and did the 2.011 and it worked. I am not an expert on this stuff so I didnt want to download firmware that wasnt made for the controller. Really makes me mad though spent a long time trying to troubleshoot when if on rockwells website it just said 2.011 was the newest revision for my controller I'd be good.