I'm in trouble....need help!

wingcals1462

I have a working system before.
RSLogix5000, RSLinx Classic, FTView Studio, FTView SE running.
But when I installed FT Historian SE and uninstalled it afterwards, because I realized I'm looking for FT Historian Datalink instead. My system doesn't work anymore :)

One example is opening RSLogix5000 I have this error.
"Failed to initialize RSLogix5000 services
Class not registered
(Unable to create an ISentinel Client - Make sure the Security Server Client in installed."

What I needed to do?

Hi and welcome to the Forum!

I think when you installed FactoryTalk Historian you possibly made your system "Security Aware". Applications are now looking for the older RSI Security Server that does not exist on your system. There is a workaround...

49652 - Failed to Initialize RSLogix 5000 services
Access Level: TechConnect

Hopefully that is all that is wrong?

Regards,
George

Had this before:
Install RSSecurity Emulator. It is found in your start menu under Rockwell software
Worked for me. Hope it helps. P.s. the technote also agrees with the suggestion above

So much for "Hopefully that is all that is wrong?"

I had a feeling it wouldn't be so simple.

RSLogix 5000 v10-v18 were designed to work with the older RSI Security Server. RSLogix 5000 versions newer than v18 use FactoryTalk Security (FTS). If you are using or have installed and enabled the newer FactoryTalk Security Server(FTSS) then the older RSLogix 5000 versions will not function correctly.

To mitigate this, they provide you with the RSSecurity Emulator. When installed, it provides RSLogix 5000 v10-v18 with an emulated RSI Security Server, within the FactoryTalk Security environment.

Enabling Security for RSLogix 5000 (SetSecKeys.exe) is a "one-way" ticket and is not reversible without performing uninstalls.

Scenario...

A system is not Security Aware. FactoryTalk Security or RSI Security is not in use.

If you enable Security for one of the older versions of RSLogix 5000, then the RSSecurity Emulator is not required. The RSI Security Server is enabled.

If you enable FactoryTalk Security for one of the newer versions of RSLogix 5000, then FactoryTalk Security is now enabled and RSI Security is disabled.

The older versions of RSLogix 5000 will now not function correctly as the older Security Server is missing. The RSSecurity Emulator must be installed.

However, simply installing the RSSecurity Emulator, after the older versions of RSLogix 5000 were already made Security Aware, does not always work. You may need to uninstall all versions of RSLogix 5000 and wipe the Registry keys referencing Security (Administrator Privileges required / BACKUP REGISTRY!).

You then REBOOT, reinstall and either do not enable Security for RSLogix 5000 again...

...or...

...if you want to enable it, first install RSSecurity Emulator and then enable Security.

If you have a Windows Restore Point, or indeed VMware image from before all this mess, then that might save you all this headache of reinstalling.

Regards,
George