Wonderware InTouch question

zrawi

Hi, everyone!

I want to collect data in database from InTouch 9.0.
Can I use only MSSQL server to do it, without using the IndustrialSQL(which is expensive)?

Best regards,
zrawi

Yes, you will need to set up an ODBC connection to the database and use Intouch scripts to insert data into the MSSQL tables.

Mtn_Bkng_Dave said:
Are you going to have to buy MSSQL for this project?

I think, I wont have to by MSSQL, because a licence for one PC comes with InTouch.. :)

Aquadevel said:
Get MySQL....

:) As far as I know InTouch doesnt support MySQL..

Anyways, thank you all for your answers!

Zrwci...

you might be right,..:( , I've been into MySQL and MS ACCESS data txfr lately. I really never 'tried' Intouch with MySQL. Was the 'cost' issue.

zrawi said:
I think, I wont have to by MSSQL, because a licence for one PC comes with InTouch.. :)

If you bought the full FactorySuite A2 Development package it does come with a 500 tag IndustrialSQL package along with the licensing for MSSQL.

You dont have to pay for InSQL unless you plan to collect date from more than 500 tags.

Dave