Motorola ACE3680 abrupt behaviour

hi all

i have Motorola ACE3680 act as center controlled system which is collecting data from 64 motorola ACE3680 rtu through radio xtl2500 and 29 Motorola MOSCAD plc through the same radio under trunking mode.

we had 8 hour auto poll and general poll ( manual group poll ). every 8 hour central ace3680 will issue the poll request and collect the data from each RTU . each RTU will send 15 words of data.

even though all the RTU's are healthy MTU generating Fault for almost all the RTU's unless otherwise re-downloading the same logic and reset the tables ,which will work rightly for three days after again all the RTU's are getting faulty . is there something i miss since logic is common
is there any issue to integrate MOSCAD and ACE3680 together

thanks
ferdinand

john.ferdinand,

I'm posting a response for anyone searching similar issues in the future. I'm sure you've resolved your issue by now.

The Motorola ACE3680 can successfully communicate with the older MOSCAD series without any issues. We do this all the time without any issues.

Resetting the tables as a solution almost sounds like the data tables are not being cleared and the memory might be filling up? It's hard to pinpoint the exact problem, but the fact that it works for a short period of time before faulting again does indicate a data storage issue. Either the memory is filling up, data tables are being indexed out of range, something like that is most likely the cause.

Thanks,
David