wireless HMI

jblitzfick

I have an application where some PLC euipment will be used outside - it will be separated by 300 ft(its approx 100 ft wide) - I am looking to setup a wireless HMI to control the items manually while in this 300 x 100 ft area(sending and receiving discrete I/O). I prefer to only have antennas at the far ends of the 300 ft dimension(nothing on the sides). What is the best, most cost effective way to do this? Would a palm pilot running windows CE do this well? Any sugestions wiould be much appreciated.

P.S. - I have some PLC experience(A.B) but I am not a computer/networking guru......

Thanks

Similar Topics

Good Morning , I'm going to be using a Compactlogix L33 , to capture some data and would like to use Wireless Ethernet to accomplish this...
Replies
Views
Good morning guys, Is it possible to use a netgear rangemax wireless router model WPN824v3 to connect with an advanced hmi project for input...
Replies
Views
Anybody have any suggestions for a wireless HMI pendant? This would be for machine setup to supplement a fixed HMI, so the wireless HMI doesn't...
Replies
Views
Hello everybody: I am trying to make wireless connection between HMI (eTOP507) and access point (router). Am thinking to connect wireless USB...
Replies
Views
I've been doing some research on the best wireless HMI solution to use as an alternative to our current system. We're currently using a Micrologix...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom