Siemens CP342-5 to Link20E

AndreAGA

Hi all

This is my first post to this forum. I am busy (trying to)configure the hardware for a new plc. This will be a S7-300, with two CP342-5's; one connected to a number of simocode pro-v's and the other to ten link 20E's. Has anybody done this before? I've looked through a few Q&A's on various forums, but can't get it working. Currently I have only one Link 20E connected to one CP342-5. Both devices indicate bus fault. When using NCM diags, it indicates that my DP slave is non existent and deactivated.
Please help!!

I've never used the CP342-5. I have worked with the Link 20E modules, but just with an integrated DP port on the processor.

At this point, do you have any slave modules attached to the Link 20E, or just the CP trying to talk to the Link 20E? If you're just trying to get these two to recognize each other it shouldn't be too bad.

Make sure the Profibus-DP address set on the Link module matches the one that you have setup in the hardware configuration.

If those are set correctly, maybe the CP342-5 isn't. I think it takes a couple of FC's in the processor to communicate with the 342-5, but not sure, never done it.

Hi tim2

Just got it working a minute ago.

I did call the two FC's but filled in the parameters wrong. Instead of entering the CPLADDR value in hex, I used the decimal value.

Won't make that mistake again soon.

Thnks anyway.

I may have been too quick in celebrating. I can get any didgital module to work, but how do I get the analog modules' values back. When using the CPU's DP port it's simple.