Studio 5000 v31 Fatal Errors

hecti.brown

Started my first program in v31 for work at the end of last week, our templates are all v30 and I am the first to start using v31. Everything was great until i had to start modifying our UDTs and Aliases. I have been getting lots of fatal errors whenever I need to modify any of the above. I was just wondering if anybody else is having the same issues.

Supposed to be releasing soon another point update to version 31, along with an emulator for it.

TIP: It's usually best to provide us the specific Fatal Error message details so we can zone in on specific help (if it exists, I'll find it!) without guessing what it is from a more vague description.

However, while we wait for those details (if you do want to provide them), here is one example of a possible cause/solution from the Rockwell Automation Knowledgebase...

61277 - Studio 5000: Fatal Error 0x80042001
Access Level: TechConnect

In case you cannot access that?...

Cause:

When editing a UDT in v30 of Studio 5000

Error 0x80042001 (-2147213311)
RxE_NOT_FOUND - Requested item could not be found.

Solution:

Do the following:

Restart RSLogix 5000
Save the project as an .L5K file
Reopen the .L5K copy with RSLogix 5000

Note: The "Cause" there may be similar to your situation, but the "Solution" may not be the fix for you, depending on whether or not that specific Error message is the same as yours.

But trying that solution certainly cannot hurt.

Regards,
George