LogixPro

Hey guys i'm brand new to this board. I found out about LogixPro and I installed it and was working on a program for my class. I'm brand new to PLC programming also. I was wondering how you change the timer base on a timer on delay. I know how to change the timer ID and the preset but i can't get the timer base to change. My teacher gave us specific timing variables that we had to use. I was just wondering if that can be changed or how I would go about doing it without changing the timer base.

Also, if anyone has any beginning tips that you could give me for programming in general I am welcoming anything that will help me understand this better. I started off in computer science engineering and my programming language was C++. So as you can tell this is way different than what i'm used to.

Patrick

Partick,
LogixPro is a very modestly priced software package. To do TONs or any other timer for that matter you are gonna have to use the time base of .1 seconds as supplied by LogixPro.
My teacher gave us specific timing variables that we had to use. I was just wondering if that can be changed or how I would go about doing it without changing the timer base.
What ever your timing values are, just divide them by .1 which is the fixed base for LogixPro and enter that number in the preset area. Example: 25 seconds is 250 in .1 second increments. Now, if you want programming tips, take the tutorial at the top of the home page for this site. Or go here and take the tutorial on getting started. Also, LogixPro .... Student Exercises and Documentation is available from the same home page and is an excellent way of training yourself on PLC basics. Then, if you have specific questions about what you are experiencing, you can come here and post those specific questions and probably get several answers you can follow up on.

This is a very nice software

This is a very nice software that You could learn by yourself after class.
It does not matter about changing the time base.
Very importance thing is explore your's idia , get concept about plc
simulate with logixpro then apply to the real world.
You will be the winner.

platootod :D :D

Just want to express my so much thanks to Prof.Bill

More information about logixpro:
I am very glad to provide this information .
As I have trained about AB. plc in NAIT (Northern Alberta institute of Technology )Alberta CANADA in 1993. This campus is a very nice place to learn PLC AB. After that I never touch AB. plc again.
However,in some point I still intersting to learn AB.PLC (although we have Mitsu and SIemens in our lab at RIT.Nonthaburi campus)
I found logixpro very well in AB.tutor , We can learn without hardware.

Also,I am very proud with Prof.Bill(original of logixpro) .He is very kind to me ,He gave me an registration number (never die) :D :D
But I could not tell anybody :p :p

Thank you again to Prof.Phil www.plcs.net that let me express my idia and member in this site
Also ,again for Prof.Bill logixpro

platootod