modbus protocol opc server

ayman metwally

Lifetime Supporting Member
hi

If the manufactor of the plc says that his PLC supports modbus protocol , does that mean that I can use any ( modbus ptotocol OPC server ) with this PLC to make SCADA/HMI system ?

for example :
master-k series PLC from LG ( it supports modbus protocol )
opc server : the modbus opc server that matrikon offers .

Can these two things work together in order to design a scada software ( I desighn it by VB6 with some Activex controls)

thanks for your replies .

I can't think of a reason as to why your solution would not work...Good luck...

I assume that the master-k series PLC from LG can be a SLAVE (sorry for not being politically correct after viewing a certain thread...).
Also just check though, is it modbus RTU or ASCII protocol...