Need help with program creation....

Rembrant

Hello Folks,

Well, all went well today, I created a simple little program, installed it on a test PLC, and it worked great, but I stress simple, it was just a few little switches and timers, etc, etc.

Now, I have to create a program that will make all 32 bits on the output card fire sequentially. Heres the kicker, I was told to have it start so that each signal (light) stays on for one scan, and then on its second cycle, they'll stay on for two scans, and then three scans, and so on. I don't really know where to start, as far as making something run per single scan...is this where the -]p[- comes in? A "one shot"? I know how to set up a rung with an input to give an output and so on...but this...ugggh....I'm just too new.
Sorry, I suppose this is like kids play to some of you gurus out there...but where do I start?

BTW, I using Schnieder's premium PL7-Pro.

Any thoughts would be great.

Rembrant ;)

Write a 000000000....1 value in a memory area.

Have a bit shifting sequence.

Make the shift every time a counter has counted.

At the last bit, increase the preset of this counter by 1 and reset the 000...1 value.

have a second counter in parallel to this one, just waiting for the last bit and last count.

Now move this meory/register/whatever to the outputs.

What you will have problem with is the loos of a count at the end of the last bit. You need not to have a dead time/scan between the last and the first bit.

Some PLC have a function called ROT, for rotation. It's even better.

If you have a RTC you could use almost only this register to trigger the bits.

Many ways.
Many hours for you.

Enjoy!