Power Supply Heat Loss

Engineer_UA

Greetings,

When the cut sheet for a power supply states that the heat losses are 20 Watt for a 240 Watt DC-DC converter, does this mean that the power supply consumes 260 Watt at full load? Since the data sheet assures the specifier that the PS will deliver 10Amps at 24Vdc, it would make sense that the heat losses are on top of 240W rated value.

Thanks,
Engineer_UA

It sounds like a reasonable assumption. The rated value would need to reflect the output capability in order to be valid, and energy lost is energy lost.

Similar Topics

I am looking for power supply that I can mount on vertical DIN rail, and when mount that way is =< 4" wide. this is what I have now.... this is...
Replies
Views
I have Rhino 120 to 24 dc power supply and it has 2 Positive and 2 negative terminals on the DC side but no ground terminal. Should I connect one...
Replies
Views
We've still got a ton a PLC 5's installed and running. We lost a 1771-P7 Series B power supply. There are a lot of 1771-P7 series D power...
Replies
Views
Long ago, it was often a customer spec to always use a transformer for isolation of the control circuit from the rest of the equipment. For 24vdc...
Replies
Views
Im trying to make my own DIY ControlLogix power supply and have had some success, but not every module powers up. I am using 4 seperate power...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom