Consideration for iFix Upgrade from 5.1 to 5.5

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
I done a few upgrade from 4.5/5.1 to 5.8 a while back and I don't remember the procedure for it.

Now I'm trying to upgrade a redundant system from 5.1 to 5.5. I think all I need to do is install 5.5 right over the top of it. Can anyone confirm? Just want to do a sanity check on this before I smoke something.

Oh, the reason for this is to improve stability. We had some lockup between the two servers confused on which on is in control and the release note of 5.5 mentioned this issue as one of the improvement. Since this system already licensed for 5.5 we thought it maybe worth a try. For some reason, the integrator used 5.1 instead 5.5, I guess that's what they had handy.

Similar Topics

I found this code today in a running machine. This routine executes but the bit to call it is only written to inside this same routine... so how...
Replies
Views
I support plants with small number of HMI each, mostly 2 or less HMIs per system. they all got different HMI package, some WW, some iFix, etc...
Replies
Views
Hi friends, Need to replace the Omron CJ1G series with the CJ2M. It is a Rack type PLC and CX programmer software is using for the Program...
Replies
Views
Hi, everybody. I am now using CompactLogix platform (1769-L35E) to develop a regulation program. There are several PID loops in this...
Replies
Views
Hi, I heard from Rockwell that RSView32 count only physical tags, not like wonderware or others which count physical and internal tags. my...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom