RSview ME - GFX files

peng

I have created graphic files for a project in RSview ME. I have to send the image files to a documentation company so that they can work on the operator manual. Does any one know how to convert these image files (looks like they have the extension of .gfx), to bitmaps.

Thanks

I usually use one of the freeware printscreen programs and use it to paste the graphics into word, most anyone can open a word file. The freeware I use is Gavin, or Garvin, or something like that, but there are a lot of them out there.

*.GFX files in RSView Studio are not image files. The fact that "GFX" sounds like a graphical file extension is a coincidence.

You'll need to perform screen captures on each screen during a test runtime or from the development environment (Alt-PrintScreen). Even Microsoft PAINT can suitably accept screen captures from the clipboard and allow you to save them in a common BMP, JPG, or GIF format to send to your documentation company.

I use MWSnap It's very intuitive and "Free". It's a lot better than the 3 step ALT_Prt Scrn then pasting into Paint, cutting out the relevant portion and saving to a file. You just use a rectangular cutout tool that has a magnified view to mark diagonally opposite corners of the area and 'click' you have it ready to be saved however you wish. It has other capabilities but this is all I've use it for. Too bad RSView doesn't have the same screen capture features as Panelbuilder.

Last edited: