Maple Systems HMI w/ Carel PLC

Dave19711

I am using Maple systems HMI with Carel PLCs connected through RS485. I am having a problem with the HMI toggle buttons. Doing the offline simulator lets me toggle, but when i upload it to the actual display, I cannot.

I am also getting some readings that are showing xxx instead of a number. Does that mean I have something wrong with the logic or is the display the problem?

And my last question is the HMI will freeze up within a few minutes after turning on. What could be the cause of this? A defective display?

Any suggestions for these problems would be greatly appreciated!

You need to look at the bit inside the PLC to see if it toggles. Toggle in an HMI is the same as holding down a button continuously. I always use momentary, and do latch/unlatch inside the PLC. That way, I have full control.
XXX means the number is larger than the field. Expand your field to about 8 places temporarily, to see the true size of the number.
Freeze up probably means a timeout on the RS485 port. Check your setup for handshaking, timeout, etc.

I might also add that the xxx could mean that data is not available or mapped in the PLC. The RedLion HMI's will show ----- when certain tags can not be found in the PLC.

keithkyll, when will this Texas rain end? I feel like I moved to Seattle.

Joe_WaZoo