DriveMonitor in SIMATIC Manager with Drive ES

Nameless One

Hi, everyone. Until recently, I used a company computer for SIMATIC projects. In SIMATIC Manager with Drive ES I could double-click a drive icon in the right-hand panel to open a window with drive parameters. I could also see a list of drives on the left-hand panel and click it to get the parameters in the right-hand one. I'm trying to get similar options on my personal computer.

I have Step7 5.4 installed with Drive ES 5.4 and DriveMonitor 5.4 SP1. I only see drive icons in the right-hand panel in SIMATIC Manager and nothing happens when I double-click a drive icon. How do I integrate DriveMonitor into Drive ES and SIMATIC Manager? Thanks in advance for any help.

Try right clicking on the drive icon and then selecting 'Open Object' from the context menu.

krk said:
Try right clicking on the drive icon and then selecting 'Open Object' from the context menu.

The problem is that 'Open Object' option doesn't even appear in the context menu. Here's a screenshot of one of my projects in SIMATIC Manager with a context menu open:

step7.jpg

I've installed starter recently and I seem to recall having to tick an option box to make sure my Sinamics drives would be integrated into Simatic manager. Do you do the install of drive monitor and notice anything similar ?

L D[AR2 said:
I've installed starter recently and I seem to recall having to tick an option box to make sure my Sinamics drives would be integrated into Simatic manager. Do you do the install of drive monitor and notice anything similar ?

Nope, there's nothing similar in DriveMonitor installation. I'm downloading the SP for Step7 and I'll try to reinstall DriveMonitor after I've installed the SP, but I don't have much hope that this will solve my problem.

No need for software re-install

Nameless One said:
Nope, there's nothing similar in DriveMonitor installation. I'm downloading the SP for Step7 and I'll try to reinstall DriveMonitor after I've installed the SP, but I don't have much hope that this will solve my problem.
I don't think there's anything wrong with your installed software.
Do this:
Highlight the desired drive.
Do not right click on it.
Select "PLC" from top simatic manager window
Drop Down Menu Appears.
From Options under the Drop Down Menu,
Select "Drive", then:
Select "Overview", "Parameterization", "Diagnostics", or "Execute Script".
This is the way I've always done it.

Last edited:
There seems to be something missing because the drives are not "hanging" from the CPU in the left hand pane.

Go to the hardware config and see if there is a very small red triangle on the drive icon. It is at the bottom right hand side of the drive icon.

ggchavhan said:
It means your configured drivrs are not recocnised by Profibus N/W

No is doesnt.

It means you are using the SimotionES profile- This is good.
What drives are in the HW config? If its Micromaster or Sinamics, I agree with Nick. Install Starter V4.1

Highlight the desired drive.
Do not right click on it.
Select "PLC" from top simatic manager window
Drop Down Menu Appears.
From Options under the Drop Down Menu,
Select "Drive", then:
Select "Overview", "Parameterization", "Diagnostics", or "Execute Script".