Online automation courses?

primerax

I work as a maintenance technicion for a US semi-conductor manufacturer here in Ireland.All the PLC's are allen bradley,
either 5/25 and 5/40E and we use Cimplicity HMI on our OIT's.My Question is this ,is there a web based PLC/industrial automation course that can be completed with an industry recognised certification.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hi there,

I also live in Ireland and last year i attended rslogix5 part1 and part 2 at Rockwell Automation in Birmingham,I think they have a place in Dublin but do not run many courses as the numbers are few.
There is a btec accredit with both these courses 50% for part 1 and 50% for part 2.I would highly recommend them however,they are expensive and unless your company will pay for both course and time off it is unlikely you would go on your own steam.
Each part costs approx. £1000.00 plus flights and accomodation on top of that.

I'm going to toot the Company horn for a bit:

Rockwell Software offers online versions of their RSLogix 5 and 500 courses.

http://training.software.rockwell.com/WebUPublic/default.asp

Give these a look. They purport to be "Certification Track" classes, but I doubt they conform to a USA or Irish continuing-education credit system. Mostly you have to go to local community colleges for that.

Thanks for taking time to reply,

I have taken a look at the rockwell training website and will probably go with this option (i'm not made of money!!) also the ISA website has very good knowledge content.

PLC TRg

PL visit www.address-removed.com

There are in PLC , MMI SCADA TRG of Allen-Bardley , Mitsubishi , Modicon and Simence

MAngal

Member status revoked -- advertising is not welcome here -- help is!
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I was going to recommend a site, but I dunno after seeing the above post...

I guess the site I was going to recommend is a PAY site... I have no affiliation with them what so ever...

Hi there.

My name is Donnchadh and I also work in Ireland(cork).In our
office we have a logix 5 and logix 500 training manual that
Iam sure I could let you have for a while if that is any good.
I have never come across online help like you are looking for
but I must say that these manuals are very good to start of
with.If you post a reply I will send you my e-mail,or of course
the manual this site offers I sure is very good also.

Donnchadh K.

chakorules said:
Well I was going to recommend a site, but I dunno after seeing the above post...

I guess the site I was going to recommend is a PAY site... I have no affiliation with them what so ever...

Hi Chakorules,
I'm a little behind in reading through all the posts...

For the record, my former friend Mangal posted in 3 seperate threads a link to his company which is basically a system integrator. There was no attempt to answer the questions asked in the threads and the link did not provide a solution... just a 'free' advertisement. (I don't even accept paid advertising... there goes my chance at a new mansion and yacht ;) or better yet a shiny new plc!)
So, I booted him and edited out the link.

Providing a link is not a problem as long as it provides a solution to the question asked. A blatent advertisement like his has no benefit to the community and if everyone did it this community would end up like Usenet. (remember when Usenet was actually useful and spam free...sci.control.engr in particular... it's sad to me :( )

Anyway, I hope that clears up why his post was edited. I'm really not a tyrant :nodi: and rarely boot anyone. So, feel free to provide a useful link if it answers the question. Linking is fine... free advertising is not.

I hope that helps explain things and I apologize to everyone for not making that clear in the actual edits.

Enjoy,
Phil

For the record, my former friend Mangal posted in 3 seperate threads a link to his company which is basically a system integrator. There was no attempt to answer the questions asked in the threads and the link did not provide a solution... just a 'free' advertisement. (I don't even accept paid advertising... there goes my chance at a new mansion and yacht or better yet a shiny new plc!)
So, I booted him and edited out the link.

Phil:

You are the man. Thanks for clearing that up. I just wasn't sure. So I opted not to post any pay sites.

If it comes up again, I will help out any way I can. Thanks for a great site.

primerax said:
I work as a maintenance technicion for a US semi-conductor manufacturer here in Ireland.All the PLC's are allen bradley,
either 5/25 and 5/40E and we use Cimplicity HMI on our OIT's.My Question is this ,is there a web based PLC/industrial automation course that can be completed with an industry recognised certification.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Hello , I'm working for Heinz Dundalk.. If you mail me I'll give you
the name/number of the rockwell approved trainer in
Ireland.

He ain't €1000 a day but he ain't cheap
(your company should be payng for this you know !)