Studio 5000 Uploading error

wesselvos

Hiya,

Im currently at a customer in Mexico. One of the problems my customer has is uploading the PLC program from the PLC. I know this is not the way to get the latest software but they have a problem when doing this.

Now i also tried uploading the latest software from the Controller. However i seem to be getting an error during the stage: Uploading Extended Properties.

When i check back in the error log it says something along the lines of: Error Uploading Optional properties.

I have never seen this one before. Any ideas?

The software seems to be running fine in the PLC.

Good Afternoon
RS 5000 Processor has a key to go to program mode
Have you tried to go into different modes
Our you able to go online with the processor or are you trying just to do a straight upload

It may be related to the minor rev version of your software.

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=100986
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showpost.php?p=678396&postcount=11

I ran into an error on upload due to the v20 and v21 minor rev incompatiblies.

I will check on this in a little bit.

Good Afternoon
RS 5000 Processor has a key to go to program mode
Have you tried to go into different modes
Our you able to go online with the processor or are you trying just to do a straight upload

Im not sure if the PLC im using L33ER has one, but the customer is currently in production so this is not something i can try. Im not able to go online with the processor as i currently dont have the latest available version with me. Im just trying to do a straight upload.

L33ER if you open the processor door there will be a little switch inside
If the program was saved with a higher revision then you have its best to have the highest revision possible, I ran into this many times
Hopes this helps

L33ER if you open the processor door there will be a little switch inside
If the program was saved with a higher revision then you have its best to have the highest revision possible, I ran into this many times
Hopes this helps

Alright, couldnt remember it from the top of my head.

I know this but for a company with many different projects its impossible to constantly update the software, i would need 10 Virtual Machines a year, and thats just Allen Bradley were talking about.

I vaguely heard something about my customers maintenance team making downloads so im expecting the worst.

Just to mention that versions revision are free from Rockwell
Let us all know the outcome when you do finish your work there
Knowledge is key

Will do, if i cant get it to work i will switch to program mode and try uploading it. If that won't work i have no other option but to save all the settings and re-download it.