Dead Micrologix 1100?

RobertB

Morning all...
I have a Micrologix 1100 Series B. I cant get my DF1 driver to communicate with it. I have current RSLinx and good cable. Tried it out on a ML1400 and configured immediately. ML1100 was sitting on the shelf for years and the battery is dead. Program probably lost too. It is faulted. Shall I declare time of death?

Is the fault LED solid or flashing?

The error code 0187h indicates that the PLC is configured for a module in slot one that does not match what is actually there. There is a good chance that the PLC is just fine, just not happy with what its brain says about its body.

It is also quite possible the channel configuration is so different from your RSLinx driver configuration that it simply doesn't show up. I would definitely try Ethernet since you should be able to at least view the configured IP address from the LCD on the PLC.

If I remember correctly, the 1100 has a pushbutton to set the RS232 channel to default settings. You have to do this if you have an HMI, because the HMI and RS Linx have different settings.

Thank you all for your advise. In the settings, you can DISABLE DF1 comms. (Never saw such before) The previous programmer DISABLED DF1 comms.
Also, despite shelf time, it still had it's i/o configuration. Since it wasn't mated with its previous cards, it declared an 0817h error.
I went into ADV settings, ENABLED the DF1 comms, and downloaded the new configuration and program.
I am up an running now.

Robert, to clarify what you did, you are saying you went into the advance settings of the card on the PLC program itself or in RS Linx?

The settings are in RSLogix in the tree, there are communication settings and you can configure the ports there

Just to add this small info. I am new to the MicroLogix series. Got a brand new 1400 (this morning) to program for a customer. Found I had to go to the Advance set and enable the DCOMM through keys on the PLC to be able to communicate.